50 Top Gun Quotes to From the Hit Movie (2022)

If you are looking for a classic 80’s movie with a classic soundtrack to match, then look no further than these Top Gun quotes!

If you were alive in the 1980s, you have most likely heard of the movie Top Gun. This movie has a star-studded cast of Tom Cruise, Val Kilmer, Kelly McGillis, Tim Robbins, and Anthony Edwards just to name a few. Combined with great writing, action, and love interest, there is something for everyone.

Enjoy the quotes below and let them take you back to the ’80s. If you have not had the opportunity to see the movie before, these Top Gun quotes will get you ready for your next movie night.

Don’t forget to also check out these classic The Sandlot quotes from Ham, Smalls, and more.

Top Gun Quotes By Maverick

1. “You don’t have time to think up there. If you think, you’re dead.” – Maverick

2. “I think I’ll go embarrass myself with Goose.” – Maverick

3. “It’s classified. I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you.” – Maverick

4. “This is what I call a target-rich environment.” – Maverick

5. “When I fly, I’ll have you know that my crew and my plane come first.” – Maverick

6. “What’s your problem, Kazansky?” – Maverick

7. “I can see it’s dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could.” – Maverick

8. “Talk to me, Goose.” – Maverick

9. “Sorry, Goose, but it’s time to buzz the tower.” – Maverick

10. “If I can’t shoot this son of a bitch, let’s at least have some fun with him.” – Maverick

11. “He’s going vertical, so am I.” – Maverick

12. “That’s right, Iceman. I am dangerous.” – Maverick

13. “Ice water.” – Maverick

14. “She’s lost that loving feeling.” – Maverick

Top Gun Quotes By Goose

15. “It’s time for the big one.” – Goose

16. “Great balls of fire!” – Goose

17. “Every time we go up there, it’s like you’re flying with a ghost.” – Goose

18. “Show me the way home, honey.” – Goose

19. “No, he was man. It was a really great move. He was inverted.” – Goose

20. “No, no, no, no. There’s two “Os” in Goose, boys.” – Goose

21. “Come on, Mav, do some of that pilot shit!” – Goose

22. “No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.” – Goose

23. “Thanks, Mav, that was really great. Oh, shit! Maybe I should become a truck driver. Mav, do you remember the number of that truck driving school that was on TV the other night, Truck America or something like that?” – Goose

24. “You’re a lot brighter than you look.” – Goose

25. “It’s the bottom of the 9th, the score is tied. It’s time for the big one.” – Goose

Top Gun Quotes By Charlie

26. “So, lieutenant, where exactly were you?” – Charlie

27. “I’ll have what he’s having. Hemlock, is it?” – Charlie

28. “Hello, Pete Mitchell. I heard the best of the best were going to be back here, so uh…” – Charlie

29. “Great, then I won’t have to worry about you making your living as a singer.” – Charlie

30. “So you’re the one.” – Charlie

31. “That is right, but I held something back. I see some real genius in your flying, Maverick, but I can’t say that in there. I was afraid that everyone in the tax trailer would see right through me, and I just don’t want anyone to know that I’ve fallen for you.” – Charlie

32. “You didn’t give me a chance, did you? You deserved it.” – Charlie

33. “It takes a lot more than just fancy flying.” – Charlie

34. “No. I don’t date students.” – Charlie

35. “You’re not going to be happy unless you’re going Mach 2 with your hair on fire.” – Charlie

Top Gun Quotes By Iceman

36. “Maverick, it’s not your flying, it’s your attitude. The enemy’s dangerous, but right now you’re worse. Dangerous and foolish. You may not like who’s flying with you, but whose side are you on?” – Iceman

37. “You up for this one, Maverick?” – Iceman

38. “You can be my wingman any time.” – Iceman

39. “The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room.” – Iceman

40. “You’re everyone’s problem. That’s because every time you go up in the air, you’re unsafe. I don’t like you because you’re dangerous.” – Iceman

More Top Gun quotes to look back on

41. “And if you screw up just this much, you’ll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog sh*t out of Hong Kong!” – Stinger

42. “Son, your ego is writing checks your body can’t cash!” – Stinger

43. “Goose, whose butt did you kiss to get in here anyway?” – Slider

44. “Remember, boys, no points for second place.” – Slider

45. Tower, this is Ghost Rider requesting a flyby. – Maverick

46. “Take me to bed or lose me forever.” – Carole

47. “That was some of the best flying that I’ve seen to date — right up to the part where you got killed.” – Jester

48. “God, he loved flying with you Maverick. But he would’ve done it anyway… without you. He’d have hated it, but he would’ve done it.” – Carole

49. “Hell no man, we got our butts kicked.” – Hollywood

50. “I feel the need…the need…for speed!” – Maverick and Goose

Which of these Top Gun quotes is your favorite?

These quotes are a small look inside how well this movie developed the character’s relationships with each other. If you don’t know who the characters are, then rent the movie the first chance you get and enjoy this hit film from the ’80s about a group of Fighter Pilots. 

Go back and watch this movie and appreciate the talent of some of today’s stars when they were still young. If you have enjoyed Top Gun and the quotes have brought memories back to you, then share them with someone else so that they can enjoy this movie.

For many of us, anytime anyone mentions Maverick, Iceman or Goose we know what they’re talking about and are transported back to the first time we enjoyed this movie!

So, which of these Top Gun quotes and lines is your favorite? Do you have any other motivational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

60 Raymond Reddington Quotes from The Blacklist

A Hundred Motivational Fees With A View To Encourage You To Be Successful - Lolly Daskal Management

70 Orange Quotes to Brighten Your Day