60 Raymond Reddington Quotes from The Blacklist

Enjoy these Raymond Reddington quotes from a criminal mastermind.

Raymond Reddington is the main character in the TV series “The Blacklist”.

Reddington is a genius criminal who had made it to number one on the FBI’s most-wanted list and then after twenty years suddenly turns himself in.

The series follows Reddington and his relationship with the FBI.

Even though he turned himself in, he has negotiated his continued freedom in exchange for constantly and repeatedly helping the FBI bring in other highly wanted criminals, some that the FBI would not even know about without Reddington. The character is masterfully played by James Spader.

Don’t forget to also check out these joe dirt quotes from the hilarious character.

Best Raymond Reddington quotes from The Blacklist

1. “Value loyalty above all else.” – Raymond Reddington

2. “You have to make your choices; you have to be happy with them.” – Raymond Reddington

3. “When you love someone, you have no control. That’s what love is. Being powerless.” – Raymond Reddington

4. “Revenge isn’t a passion, it’s a disease that eats at your mind and poisons your soul.” – Raymond Reddington

5. “Dead? Pishposh. What’s death? It’s just a process, right?” – Raymond Reddington

6. “Once you cross over, there are things in the darkness that can keep your heart from feeling the light again.” – Raymond Reddington

7. “There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it.” – Raymond Reddington

8. “The world can be such an unsparingly savage place one can be forgiven for believing that evil will triumph in the end.” – Raymond Reddington

9. “The only thing that is real is the present, and you’ve plundered it, robbed it of the very geniuses that might have averted the dystopia you so fear.” – Raymond Reddington

10. “As you well know, one of the keys to my success is a clear and consistent understanding of my own limitations.” – Raymond Reddington

Best Raymond Reddington quotes and lines

11. “You see that Geoff, that is what a good man does. That is what separate men like him from men like you… and me.” – Raymond Reddington

12. “You can’t judge a book by its cover. But you can by it’s first few chapters and certainly by its last.” – Raymond Reddington

13. “As bad as you think I am, as far as you think I’m willing to go to protect that which I hold dear…” – Raymond Reddington

14. “Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about.” – Raymond Reddington

15. “In this world, there are no sides. Only players.” – Raymond Reddington

16. “I had bullets. He had words. But when he was done talking for the first time, I truly understood which of those was more powerful.” – Raymond Reddington

17. “God can’t protect you, but I can.” – Raymond Reddington

18. “I always found fear to be my most valuable sense.” – Raymond Reddington

19. “You know the problem with drawling lines in the sand? With a breath of air, they disappear.” – Raymond Reddington

20. “Is it just me or is the human race armed with religion, poisoned by prejudice, and absolutely frantic with hatred and fear, galloping pell-mell back to the Dark Ages? Who on Earth is hurt by a little girl going to school or a child being gay?” – Raymond Reddington

Raymond Red Reddington Quotes About His Thoughts

21. “You lost her. I can’t find her. It’s that simple.” – Raymond Reddington

22. “I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you’re assuming it’s a 26.6-mile race.” – Raymond Reddington

23. “As a rule, I consider jealousy to be a base emotion, but in this case, It’s quite endearing.” – Raymond Reddington

24. “You look familiar…Have I threatened you before?” – Raymond Reddington

25. “I’m not a gumball machine, Lizzy. You don’t get to just twist the handle whenever you want a treat.” – Raymond Reddington

26. “See, This is why I don’t go to family reunions.” – Raymond Reddington

27. “Shut the hell up.” – Raymond Reddington

28. “I can only led you to the truth. I can’t make you believe it.” – Raymond Reddington

29. “It’s a good to meet you. I’ve heard nothing but terrible things.” – Raymond Reddington

30. “Let me put your mind at ease.” – Raymond Reddington

Memorable Raymond Reddington Quotes

31. “Shhh, listen. Hear that? That’s the sound of your checks bouncing.” – Raymond Reddington

32. “In Mexico, there are these fish that have colonized the freshwater caves along Sierra del Abra. They were lost. They found themselves living in complete darkness. But they didn’t die. Instead, they thrived. They adapted. They lost their pigmentation, their sight, eventually even their eyes. With survival, they became hideous. I’ve rarely thought about what I once was. But I wonder if a ray of light were to make it into the cave, would I be able to see it? Or feel it? Would I gravitate to its warmth? And if I did, would I become less hideous?” – Raymond Reddington

33. “I have no interest in cases that I have no interest in.” – Raymond Reddington

34. “The future is a sucker’s bet, a maybe, a contingency, a “What if?” – Raymond Reddington

35. “You see, if you were a betting man, you would understand that now trumps later every time.” – Raymond Reddington

36. “What if I were to tell you that all the things you come to believe about yourself are a lie?” – Raymond Reddington

37. “You talk too much.” – Raymond Reddington

38. “Really, I’m all for being thorough, but at this point, you are just taking the nickel tour.” – Raymond Reddington

39. “Every cause has more than one effect.” – Raymond Reddington

40. “I don’t know if I should be thrilled or terrified.” – Raymond Reddington

Other Raymond Reddington Quotes

41. Red: “Ever wonder why Dembe stays with me? Why anyone so decent would spend his days at the side of someone so indecent?” – Raymond Reddington

Liz: “You saved him. He owes you his life. He protects you because you protected him.”

Red: “No, Elizabeth. Dembe didn’t stay with me because he saw me as his savior. He stayed with me because he saw me for the man I really was. A man surrounded by darkness. No friends who could be trusted. No faith that loyalty or love could truly exist. I was younger then. Angrier. Dembe connected his life with mine to show me that day and every day that the world is not what I fear it to be. He is the light in the darkness. Living proof that there is another way. That life can be good. That people can be kind. That a man like me may one daydream of becoming a man like him. He pledged his life and offered it up as evidence that I was wrong about this world. Dembe guards my life because he’s determined to save my soul.”

42. Crandall: “Life on Earth is going to end. Soon. Cryonics is our only hope.

Red: It won’t work.”

Crandall: “I’m betting it will.”

Red: “Ah. So you are a gambling man. Let’s place that bet, shall we?” [Shoots him in the chest]

43. Donald Ressler [bleeding out from a gunshot wound]: “Why save me?”

Raymond Reddington: “Because that’s what you do when someone’s dying in front of you.”

44. Elizabeth Keen: “And I’m supposed to believe you?”

Raymond ‘Red’ Reddington: “Of course not! I’m a criminal. Criminals are notorious liars. Everything about me is a lie. But, if anyone will give me a second chance it’s you. The two of us have overcome so much.”

45. Elizabeth Keen: “A lawyer? How is that gonna help us with this?”

Raymond Reddington: “Lawyers find and exploit loopholes. It’s what makes them so loathsome. And Marvin Gerard is the most loathsome of them all. That’s what makes him so invaluable.”

46. Elizabeth Keen: “A man’s life is at stake!”

Raymond Reddington: “A man’s life is always at stake. And tragically low stakes at that. I should remind you that I did not offer you my services to help you round up your run of the mill drug lord or what have you. You all seem to be doing a perfectly mediocre job of that on your own. I’m after the big game Lizzie. The ones that matter.”

47. Elizabeth Keen: “You have a suburban housewife printing fake money out of her garage.”

Raymond Reddington: “Mary is an artist. She has a tremendous gift.”

48. “A farmer comes home one day to find that everything that gives meaning to his life is gone. Crops are burned, animals slaughtered, bodies and broken pieces of his life strewn about. Everything that he loved taken from him – his children. One can only imagine the pit of despair, the hours of Job-like lamentations, the burden of existence. He makes a promise to himself in those dark hours. A life’s work erupts from his knotted mind. Years go by. His suffering becomes complicated. One day he stops – the farmer who is no longer a farmer – sees the wreckage he’s left in his wake. It is now he who burns, he who slaughters, and he knows in his heart he must pay.”

49. Elizabeth Keen: “I’m sorry, you’re decoding CIA messages on behalf of the Chinese…”

Raymond Reddington: “Now you see? You make it sound like treason, so black and white. It’s not, it’s green.”

50. Raymond ‘Red’ Reddington: “This is a Colt .45 1911. I can strip and reassemble this weapon in well under two minutes.”

Aram Mojtabai: “Mr. Reddington, please.”

Raymond Reddington: “Once I have it reassembled, I’m gonna reload the mag and if at that time, your task remains incomplete, I’m gonna empty that mag into your head.”

Aram Mojtabai: “That’s really messed up.”

Raymond Reddington: “Don’t look so stricken. The first shot will kill you.”

Raymond Reddington quotes filled with questions and musings

51. “I thought you’d never ask.” — Raymond Reddington

52. “Belief is such a relative concept.” — Raymond Reddington

53. “Probably. Maybe more of an opportunist.” — Raymond Reddington

54. “Perhaps this day can be salvaged after all.” — Raymond Reddington

55. “What is it with you and hotel rooms and pens in people’s necks?” — Raymond Reddington

56. “Let me ask you, how come you get to audit me and I don’t get to audit you?” — Raymond Reddington

57. “I’m not a monster. Do you really think I’d harm a dog? You, on the other hand…” — Raymond Reddington

58. “See Lizzie, now I’m interested. The Stewmaker’s in town. You’re gonna need a plumber.” — Raymond Reddington

59. “I have found in my experience people rarely change, and when they do, they’re not to be trusted.” — Raymond Reddington

60. “You know the problem with drawing lines in the sand? With a breath of fresh air, they disappear.” — Raymond Reddington

Which of these Raymond Reddington quotes is your favorite?

As you can see from the quotes above, Raymond Reddington is a complex, genius, narcissist who is always a few steps ahead of everyone else.

His focus is never on the task at hand, but what that task at hand leads to and the FBI needs to learn to start thinking like Reddington in order to keep up with him.

A sociopath who seemingly has no emotion or care for others, Reddington does show a fondness for a few loved ones throughout the series, but he is still the number one concern to himself.

With Reddington’s intellect, charm, and cold-blooded reasoning he is able to get in and out of most situations and his past makes him an integral resource for the FBI as he leads them in capturing many high-profile criminals.

Check out Raymond Reddington in The Blacklist and see if you are as cunning as he is.

Did you enjoy these Raymond Reddington quotes and lines? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.

Related Post

thursday motivational quotes

weekend quotes

breakup quotes

25th birthday quotes

positive self talk quotes

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

A Hundred Motivational Fees With A View To Encourage You To Be Successful - Lolly Daskal Management

70 Orange Quotes to Brighten Your Day